Friday, June 4, 2010

Early risin'

So, all of my life I have been a late sleeper. A night owl, and a late sleeper. It must run in my family because my Mom likes to sleep in, and even my soon to be 6 year old and my 9 year old could saw logs until 9 or 10AM. HOWEVER, I am now training to run a Marathon (my first one!) and I was trying to figure out how I would fit my running workouts into my schedule. I decided it is high time I start getting my rear in gear first thing in the morning. Afterall, I decided to take on this challenge, and I better find time in the day to execute my plan successfully. I am so happy to report that I LOVE getting up early, and I LOVE getting my workout over and done with! It is a great feeling of achievement. I ride the wave of energy produced by my run all day, and I am really happy to report that I am toast by 1030PM as I set my alarm and lay out my running clothes & shoes for the next beautiful morning.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mornings, too! At first, it's rough to get out of bed, but once you are up the smell of the air, the quiet, it's all worth it! Good luck in your training! I'm excited to keep tabs on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, mrsbarrows2! It is the only time of the day when I have one thing on my mind-running! The gratification after the run is so powerful. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete